- 1. Mission Statement of the Fashion Clothing and Textile Programme
The aim of the Fashion Clothing and Textile Option is to train teachers of FCT and related subjects in the Secondary Technical and High Schools, equipping them with both theoretical and practical skills required to meet the challenges of modern society. On graduation, the students would be those modern teachers, capable of training secondary school leavers to be able to cope with the changing technologies with regards to industrialisation needed especially as it concerns the integration of different cultures of the world to transform Cameroon into an emerging economy by 2035. Students will learn the techniques and skills of designing, manufacturing and maintaining products needed in at all levels of a modern society.
- Profile of students
2.1. Conditions for admission into:
First Cycle (DIPET 1): to be admitted into the first-year undergraduates (First cycle DIPET 1) FCT, holders of GCE advanced level (Technical or General Education with a science background), BACC (Technical or General Education with a science background) or any other equivalent qualification as accepted by the Ministry of Higher Education shall write a Competitive Common Entrance Examination of the Ministry of Higher Education. Only successful candidates are admitted into level 1
- Promotion to Level 200: to be promoted to level 200, the student must have completed 70% of the teaching units or 3/4 of the credit values allocated to the level 1.
- Promotion to Level 300: to be promoted to level 300, to student must have completed all course units of level 100 and have complete at least 70% of the teaching units of level 200 or 3/4 of the credit values at level 200.
- Special admission into level 300: This is according to government policy and is by study of files of holders of BTS or HND according to the specialty.
Second Cycle (DIPET II): to be admitted into level 400, the student must be a holder of a:
- Bachelors of Science or Arts degree (B.Sc. or BA) in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Computer Science, Physics, Fine Arts or any other related subject.
- Professional First Degree in FCT or Equivalent Qualified candidates shall then write a Competitive Common Entrance Examination of the Ministry of Higher Education and successful candidates shall be admitted.
- There is also direct immediate promotion on completion of DIPET I depending on government policy.
- Promotion to level 500: to progress to level 500, students must have validated at least 70% of the teaching units of level 400.
2.2 Qualification for the award of end of course Diploma
- DIPET I: To qualify for the award of this certificate, the student should have validated ALL (100 %) of the courses taught for the whole programme (Levels 100,200 300) equivalent to at least 180 credit units.
Students with BTS or HND admitted in Level 300 must validate ALL (100%) of the teaching units of level 300, which should sum up to at least 60 credit units.
DIPET II: The student must validate ALL (100 %) of the courses taught in levels 400 and 500 which must sum to a total of 120 credit units to qualify for the award of DIPET II certificate.
3.0 The Language of Instruction:
The language of instruction for all courses shall be English except for the bilingual training programme during which French shall be taught as a course.