1 – MISSION STATEMENT
This programme which is the continuation of a three year training course, strives to fortify already trained teachers (holders of a DIPET I certificate) or holders of a BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY in wood technology. The training enhances a well structured background in woodwork technology that will guarantee an effective pedagogic exercise. The two year training programme will be sanctioned with a DIPET II in woodwork Technology.
2 – OBJECTIVES
The DIPET II programme in woodwork Technology aims at:
- Increasing the students’ knowledge in class management, in the teaching-learning process, during evaluation and in child centered discipline.
- Enhancing students’ acquisition of management skills in order to run and control of workshops in secondary schools.
- Enhancing students’ ability in managerial, control, and communication skills.
- Enhancing students’ knowledge and understanding in the realisation of projects and the conception of Municipal and State projects.
- Inculcate in students administrative skills which will permit them to control and manage secondary schools.
3 – PROFILE OF STUDENTS
Candidates aspiring to under-take training for the award of DIPET II in woodwork Technology should be holders of the BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY in woodwork or a DIPET I certificate or any other recognised equivalent certificate.
4 – CAREERS
Upon completion of the training, graduates can aspire for the following responsibilities and job opportunities in both the Private Sector businesses and Not-for-Profit organizations:
- Should carry an effective pedagogic action in the classroom
- Should manage and run schools
- Should be able to work in a study office
- Should be able to conduct construction works
- Direct and manage construction works in woodwork
- Should be able to control companies in woodwork furniture
V – LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION
The language of instruction is English