- I) OBJECTIVES
The Higher Technical Teacher Grade I and Grade II programmes in Marketing aim at:
- Training Technical School Teachers for the Marketing specialty;
- Enhancing the knowledge and practical skills of student – teachers in the field of Marketing and Finance in both the Public and Private sector business and not-for-profit organizations.
- Enhancing the ability of student – teachers in Managerial, Control, and Communication Skills.
- Enhancing the knowledge and understanding of student – teachers in
- II) CAREER PROSPECTS
Upon completion of their training, the graduates should be able to teach Marketing and related disciplines in:
- Government Technical Colleges for the CAP training programme and Private Secondary Schools for the G.C.E. Technical Ordinary Level programme.
- Government Technical High Schools for the Probatoire and Baccalaureate training programmes and Private High Schools for the G.C.E. Technical Advanced Level programme.
- For value additive purposes, the graduates can equally aspire for the following responsibilities and job opportunities in both business and not-for-profit organizations.
- Finance officer or controller;
- Marketing officer;
- Senior Bookkeeper;
- Internal Auditor;
- Financial Analyst.
III) ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Candidates aspiring for the Higher Technical Teacher Grade I (DIPET I) programme in Marketing should be holders of the:
- Baccalaureate Technique Certificate in Accounting and Management (CG);
- Baccalaureate Technique Certificate in Taxation and Computer for Business (FIG);
- Baccalaureate Technique Certificate in Marketing (ACC);
- C.E Advanced Level Technical in Accounting speciality;
- C.E Advanced Level Technical in Business Studies; or
- C.E Advanced Level Certificate with a pass in Economics (A2, A3, A4).
Candidates aspiring for the Higher Technical Teacher Grade II (DIPET II) programme in Marketing should be holders of:
- A DIPET I in Marketing,
- Any Bachelor’s Degree inMarketing (Bachelor’s of Science, Professional Bachelor’s Degree, or Bachelor of Technology), or
- Any of the above Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business, Finance and Management related fields.