INFORMATION ON THE DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE TECHNIQUES
- MISSION STATEMENT OF THE DEPARTMENT
The department of Administrative Techniques of the Higher Technical Teacher Training College of the University of Bamenda has the ambition to be a national and an international reference entity for higher technical teacher training programmes in the fields of accountancy, information management and communication, marketing and management. This department is a place where new ideas are given breathing space; a place for ambitious young men and women who want to advance the frontiers of knowledge and change the teaching of commercial or business disciplines in our secondary and high schools. We are committed to create an inclusive working and learning environment where the dreams of young men and women are blended to make them become top personalities in the educational milieu.
- PROFILE OF STUDENTS FOR THE DEPARTMENT
Candidates with diverse educational backgrounds are admitted into this department. However, priority is given to aspirants for the Higher Technical Teacher programme in any of the options of the administrative techniques department with background knowledge of commercial education, economic sciences and computational skills.
Students who possess the following high school certificates are admitted into the first year of the department:
- Baccalaureate Technique Certificate in accountancy and management (CG);
- Baccalaureate Technique Certificate in Taxation and Computer for Business (FIG);
- Baccalaureate Technique Certificate in secretariat studies (ACA);
- Baccalaureate Technique Certificate in Marketing (ACC);
- C.E Advanced Level Technical in Accounting speciality;
- C.E Advanced Level Technical in Secretariat Administration speciality;
- C.E Advanced Level Technical in Business Studies; or
- C.E Advanced Level Certificate with a pass in Economics (A2, A3, A4).
In addition to these certificates, students can also gain direct admission into the third year. Aspirants for direct admission into the third year of our department should be holders of:
- The Higher National Diploma (HND) in a business specialty;
- The Brevet des Techniciens Superieurs (BTS) in a business specialty;
- An intermediate university diploma in business specialty (HPD, DSEP, DEUP, etc).
Students who are holders of a first degree are also admitted into the post – graduate diploma programme offered by this department provided they meet admission requirements.
- OBJECTIVES OF THE DEPARTMENTAL TRAINING PROGRAMMES
The Training Programme aims at training Technical Education Teachers for the Tertiary Sciences and Technologies Section in Technical Colleges and Technical High Schools.
- LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION
The Language of instruction is ENGLISH. All teaching programmes are done in English.
- SPECIALTIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
The department of Administrative Techniques of the Higher Technical Teacher Training College of the University of Bamenda offers training in four specialties or options:
- Accountancy (ACY);
- Information Management and Communication (IMC);
- Marketing (MKT);
- Management (MGT).